- ‘White Christmas’ ended the Vietnamese war in 1975, because it was used as the radio code for those who had helped the US from Saigon to evacuate!
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was initially intended for Thanksgiving.
- ‘Rudolph The Red Nosed-Reindeer’ having a red nose was initially quite controversial as it encouraged the idea of having chronic alcoholism!
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was also the first song to be performed in space. This was planned by Walter Schirra Jr. and Thomas P. Stafford even when they were still on earth, but Mission Control had no idea this was actually going to happen, so on December 16th, 1965 everyone was taken by surprise!
- ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas’ at first continued as “…it may be your last” which wasn’t too appropriate with the christmas cheer that was actually meant to be communicated in the song. Therefore that line was taken out of the song right before it appeared in ‘Meet Me In St. Louis’.